(39) LIVING HERE: Circles on water
*“I go among trees and sit still. All my stirring becomes quiet around me like circles on water.”
– Wendell Berry –
* In watchfulness, nature gives us a tutorial in design and function, economy and ecology.
* Our nature is one of perfect ease and contentment, here and now.
* “Rest in awareness” (Adyashanti)
* Aspiration is about doing well; inspiration is about being well.
* Being has little interest in becoming.
* For inspiration, wait by a window.
(where the light gets in)
* The mill of the mind slows when we wait without waiting.
* An examined “mind-sourced life” is a head full of unresolved-because-unresolveable, problems.
* Fearlessness is not about courage, but freedom from attachment.